Monday 7 November 2011

Breeze block pyramid

For building a breeze block pyramid, 3 long by 3 bricks high I started off first by putting on all my PPE, this being my work boots (steel toe-caped), my glasses and my gloves. I then started collecting all my materials. These included: 8 bricks, 2 of the breeze blocks and a board (for the pug to sit on), a trowel, pug, a spirit-level, a pencil, a tape measure, a wire brush and a line gap smoother.

I mixed the pug until it was the right consistence for laying the bricks and I then started to measure the right length for the 3 breeze blocks in length using the tape measure and using the length on the brick chart.
I then laid out my pug in the area measured out for the right length and put my first 3 blocks on. I made sure they were plumb, level and the right height. I done this for each level but one less block per each level, ( 3 long, the second level 2 blocks in length and the final level only 1 block).
After it was complete, I brushed the wall down with a wire brush and then smoothed the gaps out with a special tool to make the wall look smarter and more professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment