Monday 10 October 2011

Laying bricking in a pyramid

To start off, I first looked at the job sheet. From this I then valued the risk assessment on my colleague and then the risk assessment on task. After doing the previous I then checked the delivery sheet to see what I would need to do for the task and what the quantity that I needed to produce was to be. After reading the delivery ticket I signed and agreed to the statement and changed any incorrect parts to the agreement. 
I then looked for any risks in the college that could affect me or any workers what were working in the same situation, such as closed doors and then solved the problems but putting door-wedges in so I would be able to support myself with two hands if need be.
Safety boots (steel toe-caped) were worn to protect our feet, gloves to cushion the weight and glasses in case dust was to get in my eyes.
We wore the boots to protect our feet from anything heavy falling on them, the gloves to protect things like splinters and blisters.
I then read the delivery sheet to see what the job was and what quantity was need of each material.
For bricklaying I had to build a pyramid, 4 bricks at the bottom, then 3, then 2 and then one on top.
to start I looked at the brick chat and saw that the first 4 bricks had to be laid out at 890mm with a 3mm flexibility. The walls had to be plumb meaning they had to be straight with no angle, bar 90 degrees to the floor.
After collecting my bricks and setting up my area with pug, I firstly mark out the 890mm out with a tape measure and a spirit level marking it with a pencil. I then lay the pug out along the floor and lay the bricks on top, and buttered up every brick on the left hand side, bar the first brick on the edge. The must have the face side facing you.
Hazzards are the fact that some people may be allergic to some of the things in the pug like the lime or thewy may drop a brick on their foot.
 I then make sure all of the bricks are level, at the right height and the right length, they are all level, flat and then do the next level. I then follow the same process but changing the length every time to the correct one.
After finishing i then had to dismantle the whole pyramid and separate pug and bricks and put everything back where I got it from.

No comments:

Post a Comment