Monday 27 February 2012

architrav, dado and skirting

To start off doing my architrave, dado and skirting, first off i got the tools and equiment i needed. This was: a mitra-saw, a tape-measure, the timber, a pencil, a hammer and some nails. I also then got my PPE: gloves, my work boots and then my glasses.

First off, i started to get the measurements needed, and then marked them out on my timber. To cut then out, i cut the top end at a 45 degree angle (just one side on the vertical pieces of timbmer, but both sides on the horizontal pice of timber). This is s they fit together better.
After cutting them out, i then fitted them striaght to the doorframe and plaster wall with nails.
I done exactly the same for each one, but the size and lengh slightly differered for each. The only different from the dado and skirting to the architrav was that on the dado and skirting i scribed into the shape on the corners so the fit was tighter.
Zak

No comments:

Post a Comment