Tuesday 29 May 2012

Putting up a shelf and coat hook

To start off, first i got all my PPE, this consited of: boots (steel toe-capped), gloves and goggles.
After I theng ot all my equiment i needed: a spirit level, a pencil, a tape measure, a panel saw, a screwdriver, a dustpan and brush, a coat hook, a shelf, x2 wall brackets. 8 split screws.

after i got all the things i needed, i measured out the middle of the wall with the tape for both the shelf, and just under the coat hook. I need put the splitter screws in at the correct places.
I then screwed the brackets to the shelf, and the hooks onto the wood for the coat hook.
Next i put the shelf attached to the brackets onto the wall, screwing the screws into the screw splits, this makes the shelf alot strong so it can hold more weight, i then done the same for the coat hook.

No comments:

Post a Comment