Tuesday 29 May 2012

tileing

To start off, first i got all my PPE, this consited of: boots (steel toe-capped), gloves and goggles.
After I theng ot all my equiment i needed, a batton, tiles, grout, a group speader, a tile cutter, tile spacers,screws, a scre driver, tile adhesive,a tape measure,a float and a damp cloth.

Next i worked out the distance of the tiles would be after being spaced and grouted and i drew lines on the batton, i then fixed the batton which was the lenght of my wall to half was up my wall.
Next i got my tile adhesive and started speading it accord my wall, in lines with the battons useing a speader and then put the tiles on and put tile spacers inbetween each tile.
after doing the top half f the wall, i then took the batton off and done the bottom half, working my way up.
In some places not whole tiles would fit so i had to cut then to size.
After finish tiling my whole wall, i then grouted it using grout and spreading it using a float. i wiped off any excess grout with a damp cloth.

No comments:

Post a Comment