Tuesday 29 May 2012

Platering

To start off, first i got all my PPE, this consited of: boots (steel toe-capped), gloves and goggles.
After I theng ot all my equiment i needed. This was x2 buckets, a bag of multi finish plaster (25kg), a hawk, a bucket trowel, a float, a plastering trowel, water, a cordess-drill, a mixing attatchement for the drill and a mixing stick.

First off i mixed the plaster, to do this i put water in the two buckets, and added plaster to on of them, whilst adding the plaster i mixed it at the same time. the other bucket filled with water was just to add water if needed. I kept added plater untill the mix was ready and continuarly mixed.

One the plaster was finished and mixed, i poured the plaster out onto a table and then loaded some onto my hawk using my plaster trowel. I then unloaded the plaster from the hawk using the plaster trowel and then loaded it onto the wall, starting from the bottom working my way to the top.

I done this untill i coverd my whole bay in a thick layer of plaster, but made sure there was no lumps and the plaster was relativly smooth. I used a wet paintbrush to smooth the corners.

After that first layer od plaster had set, i then added another thinner layer, applying int he same way as before but made sure this layer way much smoother and then again i smoothed the corners with a paintbrush.

After i washed all my tools so they were as good as new.

No comments:

Post a Comment